Monday, January 15, 2007

Moving and breathing again in Edmonton...

I returned to Edmonton from my two-week Christmas vacation in Thunder Bay just over a week ago. I’m so glad to be back at work, which I was longing for during most of my vacation. In TBay, I was realizing how I am most satisfied when I am fruitfully engaged in my work, as the image of God engaged in creation. Don’t get me wrong, I like having the rest (for which I set aside 1day/week anyway), and it was great to see everyone home in TBay. But while I'm on vacation in my hometown, I have yet to learn how to maintain the routine, structure, and discipline that I've grown into. Back in Edmonton, I feel like I can move and breathe again.

I hope I never retire. Slow down, change vocations, retool – maybe. But I don’t see such a thing as retirement in God’s kingdom.

No comments: